Friday, August 17, 2012

Problem with Molly!

Okay, I know this is not about my guppies which this whole website is supposed to be about.... But I'm going to talk about my molly this once.

So I had one female and one male molly. Both Gold Dust mollies. (I know I know, ratio has to be 3:1) But the male was half the size of the female and the female just ignored him and was fine. But then...

The gourami (Ugh) kept chasing the mollies. Everday. Then one day, the male molly mysteriously died! What happened?! Who knows? Well I figured it might be the gourami since he's chasing my mollies. LOL, it was halarious because the male molly was chasing the female and the gourami was chasing the male! :D

So I'm giving my gourami to a LFS for some store credit later today.

So after her 'beloved' died, my molly went on and on living her days. But she has this one itsy bitsy problem.

Every night she looks HUGE! But I don't put her in a breeder box because 1. the attacker gourami is in it AND 2. I let her have the babies in plants so she doesn't get stressed. So anyways the next morning I check my tank and she is skinny! But not like just had birth skinny, but like just got pregnant skinny. Like she was a week pregnant. What is wrong with my fish??!

This has happened almost once a week. She hasn't gave birth in 4 months. I know that because I see no fry and my tank is heavily planted with structures and fake plants.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY MOLLY?!

well i hope i find help soon.

imma outta herea!

No comments:

Post a Comment